Sunday, August 31, 2003

robot wisdom weblog

woke up with the sun streaming in warming my shoulders and I'm feeling good.
An area of high pressure with the characteristic high cirrus clouds so only a lsight loss of warmth.

The last two nights have been clear and cool with patches groundfast up north in Scotland,
so I no longer can sleep with the windows open, I get chesty below 19 or 20 degrees C like a smokers cough but not so thick or a mild asthma from dust.


Then I have got out the winter quilt out very cheap plastic but warm from IKEA IKEA | Catalogue online

BTW lousy web site deep web not googlable. Big "designer" graphics OK on DSL but a pain with a modem.


and Swenglish -- who goes into a shop and asks "have you got some bed textiles please?"


IKEA | home | textiles | bed textiles

I have reinvented bed making, I thought until I stayed at a Danish hotel with the same system, I have a thin quilt in a quilt cover underneth me In my case I use a soft cotton filled sleeping bag from ARGOS. as well as the largest possible quilt on top, even on a single bed !!!

So I am really snug and warm, but as soon as I start to sweat in bed in the spring, it's away with the winter quilt and on with a a thinner one - or another old opened up sleeping bag - until it gets really hot then I sleep naked under a quilt cover or a sheet - which was enough for the last six weeks


So I am free from english blankets and sheets, and hossital corners and tucking in and tucking up.

The USAians call a quilt a comforter . . does that mean they suck one corner ?

Weather Underground: Coleshill, United Kingdom Forecast

this weather station is about two miles away so I dont need an outside thermometer.

In england we say the days are drawing in
and we still have 13h 43m of sunlight
but the Danes would say the day is reduced by 3h 7m - from the longest day

Now some email to do

Mornin' all !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home