Friday, September 05, 2003



ONE good idea is to learn to use the text search in Acrobat Reader
via FTM 10
I have just uploaded an all in one tree of about 1400 names

which at first glance appears to be unusable
but zoom in to 600%
and do a seach (binocular icon )

eg for WRENFORD
which started off on this list as a lacuna in my research
Wrenford
Wrenford, H St. John S? copied from my grandfather's nineteenth century MS birthday book. source ref AHWBB
and turns out to be an extinct? name in the UK
including several nineteenth cnetury clergymen and only known in Australia today.

He is in FreeBMD Home Page: "PLEASE NOTE: WE HAVE NOT YET TRANSCRIBED THE WHOLE INDEX. A breakdown by event and year can be viewed here . "


Births Dec 1860--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRENFORD Herbert St John Edmondson Newport M 11a 166

which is verified by the 1891 image in ancestry.co.uk E. tho'

Have you got WRENFORD as a middle name or maiden name anyone in your stuff?

And upon which I constructed a quick and nasty web researched tree
which led to an email from one Vicky SANGSTER nee WRENFORDto whom I sent one of my "senile and rambling" emails outlining my rough and ready findings.

>> Hi Hugh

I am overwhelmed with your help.

Thank you ever so much for replying - you have obviously been a very dedicated genealoger.

My desperation in tracking people down is that I can find NOBODY that I am related to on the WRenford side that is alive and interested in our family name...that is apart from the descendents of my grandfather ...I will wade thro that 2002 database, but I have been checking phone books since 1970's for someone with the name WRenford ANYWHERE in the world Yes there are a few middle names or even first names and I have contacted most of them.
<< snipped

now I suspect ALFRED HENRY WATKINS (2 years younger )
August 13, 1864 Llanvair Kilgeddin, Monmouthshire AMW BB or 1863
January 2, 1935 Usk Mon

and the above Herbert might just have been at Hereford Cathedral School together
based on the single fact that oldest brother
Thomas WATKINS
1847 Llanvair Kilgeddin
July 1934 Trouville, Pontypool Road, Mon
(yes it is the name of a place in Monmouthshire and a former GWR junction station)

went there according to an attachment to an email from a new third cousin
who found me via this Google search WATKINS TREBINSHUN


and added 35 new names to our tree.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home