Sunday, October 05, 2003

About Mountain Songs: "the oldest extant folk tune in Hakka culture. Its melody preserves the original characteristics of the Hakka mountain song. The entire tune is sung in the free san-pan rhythm. "

When you have a hat on your head, do not use the umbrella.
My lover, you already have me, so do not love other girls.

tracks om URL above

You cannot put two different wines in the same bottle.
There cannot be two different kinds of flowers in the same tree.

After peach flowers are bloomed, chrysanthemum blooms.
My lover wants something that belongs to me.
First he wants my pillow, and then he wants my bed,
and then he thinks me that I am his medicine.

You do not know how a violin sounds before you play it.
You do not know how deep a river is before you go across it.
You do not know if a new bottle leaks before you put water in it.
You do not know if your lover loves you or not, but how to test it?


from About Hakka Music: "Introductions of Hakka Music"


Eight Tone: "These are the musical instruments used in playing Eight-Tone. Click on them to listen to their sounds. "


Adopted from "Musical Legacy of The Chinese Hakka People", Kwang Hwa Mass Communications and Shuiching Sound Productions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home