Friday, May 21, 2004

Family Tree Maker's Genealogy Site: User Home Pages WATKINS and LAPHAM of Monmouthshire and Bristol UK

this could be called an auto blog - it is my own site
and in the side bar --->

from my gmail:-

While doing research in another area, I happened onto your familytreemaker web page.................what a precious tribute to your mother! I just wanted you to know that it did my heart good to see a mother honored so nicely.

Bless you
J


On the 16th May my mother would have been 96 an age she vehemently did not wish to see. Her last 30 years were racked with pain, falls, broken hips osteoarthritis, not being able to walk long distances pained her - she loved country walks - on the downs from Brighton Training college and in Monmouthshire too, I remember clearly our first five mile walk together when I was about 7 years old..

Existentialism and Simone de Beauvoir after reading the Second Sex when it cam out in english paper back - Penguin ? - then I read OLD AGE which came out in 1970 and is excellent preparation and a warning - being old is not fun -- LOL
I gave it to my mother whose only comment was "Do you think I'm old?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home