Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Writing Buddies is an MSN group and I have trouble with Hotmail with many slow or failed log ons in the last three weeks, but clicking through into My MSN Groups as a backdoor to Hotmail is best.

And clicking through from MSN messenger -- don't even think about it.
BUT but but ! that email address seems to enable "new" cousins to find me.

From the Lapham side we are three with two "honorary cousins" children of a life long friend of my mother.

But as a descendant of Thomas Watkins Abt. 1763 died August 20, 1837 and he was buried St Mary's Llanfair Kilgeddin in the Watkins Family Grave

In the year 2000 I started off alone and now we are ten not counting children and spouses
from these three lines:-

Thomas Watkins and Frances (Fanny) Maria Holmes (Watkins & Co Solicitors, Pontypool)

William Henry Watkins and Mary Ann Davies (farmer at Cwmyoy or Trebinshun Farm Bwlch Llangasty-tal-y-llyn Breconshire or Llangasty Talyllyn, Brecon, Wales - with the various spellings )

Alfred Henry Watkins and Blanche Eveline Jones (Llanvair Kilgeddin, Raglan, Watkins & Co Solicitors, and Usk )

no descendants known to me:-
Richard William Watkins and Sarah Elizabeth Mallet (farmer, Little Trostrey in Kelly's 1901 )

John Jones and Mary Holmes (chemist and grocer and brick and tile manufacturere of Raglan)
only me
and possibly grandchilden of Reginald Bliss Jones born Raglan about November 1889 - seen as Reginald Bertie Jones and Sybil Marjorie Swanborough

my second cousin four times removed William (later Reeves ) Rees March 23, 1804 Bettws Newydd was convicted of sheep stealing and sent to Van Diemens land and has descendants in USA
see Internet Family Tree

BTW Sue Winch née Forward, the Somerset genealogist, is my sixth cousin once removed
and our common ancestors are Thomas Holmes and Anne Morgan married in about 1742

I have been busy doing internet genealogy - but I find copying other peoples work is boring see Internet Family Tree and Rick Rees (John Richard Rees)
Internet Family Tree

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home