Thursday, March 24, 2005

GENEALOGY PAGE OF
JUDY PHILIP

from my usenet group mailhttp://groups-beta.google.com/group/soc.genealogy.britain

Rob and Dave,

Re your posts below. How very interesting!

I put up a small and extremely basic website about a year ago. Basic it
certainly was and is - as my granddaughter's strictures made clear to me
(and as anyone can see)!! Anyway, I submitted it to Google - several
times - with no luck. Which totally discouraged me from doing anything more
with it. Though there is much I could put on the Web on my own family
history and on the two amateur one-name studies I'm doing (the very rare
name LOCHTIE/LOCHTY/LOUGHTY and the fairly unusual name MCLAWS/MCLEHOSE and
all 80 or so variants).


I did wonder whether Google's failure to accept me might have been because
the main (only!) article on my very basic site was about Henry HACKING,
Quartermaster of the 'Sirius' in the First Fleet to Australia - I wondered
whether 'hacking' might have been an obvious no-no!!


Perhaps I should persevere! Now - how can I find a Google site which will
link to me!!

J

well here you are Judy
the discussion has drifted - mea culpa - from "A lad of 17 years what would he be doing in the 1860's " to the inadequacies of google indexing, in which there are many gaps.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home