Monday, August 03, 2009

How the do I search for my family tree - Google Search

How the do I search for my family tree - Google Search
suggested by:-

Pass me my tartan slippers « Katyboo1’s Weblog: "It took me to the Who Do You Think You Are? BBC website. As it is their fault I have been bitten by the bug in the first place I decided to investigate.

In a nutshell it said: ‘Katy love, you are absolutely bonkers if you think you’re going to get anywhere with that ridiculous scattergun approach. You need cash and contacts. Stat!’

It recommended several genealogy sites that were reputable and said ‘take your pick.’ I chose one called Ancestry.co.uk because it had pretty green leaves on, and I liked the look of it. I stumped up for a year’s basic membership and stuck my grandad’s name in. Instant hit! How exciting. . . . . "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home