1911 census of England and Wales administrative problems continued
The seven institutions soon to launch free access to the census records are:
available from 6 October 2009
- Devon Record Office (Exeter)
of 200000 freebie vouchers available since 7 Sepember 2009
140000 have ben used so unlikely tobe available longer than mid October
- The National Library of Wales (Aberystwyth)
Access to the 1911 census is via two terminals in the Norfolk Sound Archive Listening Room. Printing will be available at a charge."
not bookable 30 minute sessions - first come first served
- You can book a one-hour slot
- You can book one hour per day
- The first slot available each day is at 9.00am
- A booking can be made one week ahead of your visit.
- To make a booking, call us on 0115 958 1634, with your name and telephone number and the day and time you would like. If the slot is not available we will try and offer an alternative as close as possible
- Further information is available on our 1911 census page."
Before planning a trip, visitors are urged to contact the relevant institution to find out the when the service will be available.
The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 4DU have unlimited access
Email: email@example.com or telephone: +44 (0) 203 326 4700