Saturday, November 20, 2004

from my email:-

Hello,

I'm a World War 1 researcher from Belgium. For the moment I'm doing a lot of research for Australians, New Zealanders,Irish, Canadians and British to locate their family members who were killed during the Great War in Belgium or France.

If you have any relative who fought in my country during the WW1, I would be glad the locate him and sent you a picture of his headstone. This is free of charge.( For searches and pictures in France ask for details).
The only thing I would like in return is his picture.

Why?

If the picture is of good quality then I plastify it and place it next to the headstone. This way the thousands of tourists who visit these cemeteries can see who's really buried there and do not just see the lonely, sad stone.

If you have more questions do not hesitate to contact me

regards

Johan Moors

(2)

and a sighting of

Lapham's :-

Original query from Hugh :-

Lapham's were tailors and waistcoat makers, Hugh would like some information on the company.

Reply from Carole :-

Carole writes, "Alfred Thomas Lapham was a tailor 122 Cheltenham Road."

from Ray's BRISTOL pages

my mother was his daughter see:-

Lapham, Alfred Thomas(b. October 15, 1872, d. July 30, 1961)

(3)

New in Copenhagen Hovedstadarkiver
pages about archives in Denmark's capital city
Siten hovedstadsarkiver.dk er udarbejdet af en række statslige, kommunale og private arkivinstitutioner i København og på Frederiksberg.

Arbejderbevægelsens Bibliotek og Arkiv
The Labour movement library and archive

Frederiksberg Stadsarkiv
Københavns Stadsarkiv
town archives of Copenhagen and Frederiksberg
Statens Arkiver
The National Archives of Denamrk

Frederiksbergbilleder.dk
pictures from Frederiksberg

(4)
Whilst working on my one-name study I came across this story and felt that, as this is the time of sadness and memories, it was worth writing the story for my website. Elkington Family History I hope you have read it but if not, please have a look. It is well worth the trouble.

Judy Elkington


1 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home