Thursday, October 20, 2005

getting dusty and a stiff neck

Roots in Denmark

I had a great time at Rigsarkivet Rigsdagsgaarden 9 in Copenhagen yesterday
and was even allowed to look at the 1930, 1940 and 1950 census original documants Rigsarkivet - Folketællinger
I messed up and ordered the wrong boxes

in the lunch hour I visited Det Kongelige Bibliotek
to look at
Hübertz, Aarhus = Hübertz, J. R., Aktstykker vedkommende Staden og Stiftet Aarhus, samlede og udgivne ved... I-III. Kbh. 1845-46.
beautifully printed on quality paper and in very good order
and I am going to put some of it on the web so I wanted to look at format and layout before designing a css

then I went by bus to
Landsarkivet for Sjælland, Lolland-Falster og Bornholm

found some references to STRØMSHOLT and the creation of that surname
but not yet exhausted the sources

going back today NOW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home