Saturday, October 29, 2005

London University

Helpers are pages describing the collections and archives

like these two libraries were started as separate private collections by Lord Conway and Sir Robert Witt. The Conway Library came to the Institute in 1932, whilst the Witt Library was transferred to the Institute after the death of Sir Robert in 1952.

Courtauld Institute of Art : Photographic Collections & Services

The Conway and Witt are teaching and research collections and, unlike the Book Library of the Institute, are open to the public as well as to students and staff. The material is directly accessible to the user. Both libraries have been continually increased and expanded since becoming part of the institute, including coverage of their respective areas up to the present day. They are building up computer databases to index some of their material.

Browse descriptions


Post a Comment

<< Home