Sunday, October 15, 2006

ancestry.co.uk

I have resubscribed
as they say in the advertisements:-
Millions of Records, Millions of Answers. Ancestry.co.uk - Click here

You are licensed to use the Content only for personal or professional family history research, and may download Content only as search results relevant to that research.
The download of the whole or material parts of any work or database is prohibited.
Resale of a work or database or portion thereof, except as specific results relevant to specific research for an individual, is prohibited


which implies that look ups are fine


the terms and conditions seem to have been tailored for the UK market with handy phone numbers too - Click here


Last night I just needed the 1861 England Census to sort out my LAPHAM in Bath and my one-name study.

I wanted the big one, World Deluxe, but have chosen Monthly U.K. Deluxe Membership and in fact if I only use it 6 months a year it becomes very affordable and only two days notice of cancellation is required - I will be also doing Danish genealogy in the archives and on line - all parish registers and census before 1892 are on line with very much of the folketælling indexed but not linked to images.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home