Tuesday, August 08, 2006

updating has begun

I have been working on my most treasured site the Danish parish registers and census online help

For the last few days I have been compiling a new Danish Census FAQ http://www.rootsweb.com/~dnkcen/danish_census_faq.html

I needed some exact dates for census taking as part of my researches of Karl Dane but couldn't find exactly what I needed so got to work.

I obtained help from the archivist on telephone duty at the Danish National Archives in Copenhagen (and he assured me too that I may replicate any image on their sites.)
telephone (0045)33923310 and ask for Arkivalier Vagten between 9:00 am and 12:00 CET.

He manged to answer all my questions except one - the date of Oeders efterretninger
He told me that the King of Denmark ordered it on 20 February 1771 but the work seems to have been done May - June 1771 acording to some of the transcriptions here

In UK we search for John Smith to test a site and in Denmark Jens Hansen or any mixture of Hans Jensen patronymics which could be father and son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home