Thursday, January 18, 2007

from my email

quoting my own new blog (which uses the latest blogger technology)
new genealogy http://thegenerationsnetwork.blogspot.com/ :-

every day I read or skim about 400 emails either to me, or on groups I subscribe to and answering publicly some of these, and writing about genealogy itself, is the theme of this blog.

That is in comparison with this, my MAIN BLOG (so far) GENEALOGE http://hughw36.blogspot.com/ which is my web log of what web sites interest me and I have visited, and of news about changes and developments in the industrial, archival, volunteer and hobby sites of interest to fellow genealogists, and librarians world wide.

Mostly each blog post here is a quotation from another web site, or what librarians call an abstract, with a link to enable my readers to find out more for themselves. I try and comply with accepted "fair use" as regards copyright but my citations are not in academic style but links in fact worth gold in web ratings by search engines and the rest.

Because this is my main blog I include personal news and if unwell or off line or breaking my daily posting pattern on Usenet or in a forum or group, I aim to make one post in the main blog from a friend's, a library, an archive or a hospital computer.

My main image blog is photographs and walks http://snaps4.blogspot.com/ which is set up to accept images from my Sony Ericsson 800i mobile phone directly through the world wide 3G network

the other longer version of this text is on new genealogy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home